Yang Ji BIG WONTON

Yang Ji (楊記) is a traditional family-styled Taiwanese restaurant, a very popular place among the local students, residents, and commuters. Yang Ji is price-friendly and fabulous in both its taste and serving size . The average price one person would pay is around 80-100nt. Since I'm a huge Taiwanese foodie, I ordered all of my favorites: lu rou fan, gan mien, water-boiled veggies, and mixed red oil dumplings (pork, shrimp, and veggie-meat).






LU ROU FAN (35NT)
Topped with egg and yellow pickle, Yang Ji's lu rou fan is definitely local commuters' favorite. The lu rou sauce includes soy sauce, sugar, pork, and mushroom. I would recommend this for two to share if you are around 60% hungry since the serving size is pretty incredible.


WATER-BOILED VEGGIES (35NT)
This is the closest version of water-boiled veggies of the healthy kind I have at home. Even though veggies are often labeled as "water-boiled" in a lot of Taiwanese restaurants, I tend to find them quite saucy and greasy. I would recommend this healthy version of water-boiled veggies to balance out with the rest of the meal.



GAN MIEN (45NT)
Serving size of the gan mien is great for someone who's 80-90% hungry. Gan mien at Yang Ji is quite typical---topped with a fair amount of meat sauce and a lot of sliced cucumbers.



MIXED RED-OIL DUMPLINGS (70NT)
Definitely my favorite dish of the week. I couldn't make up my mind when I had to choose between pork, shrimp, and veggie-meat dumplings. The option of a three-in-one was my way to go. The dumplings were huge and took about 5-8 bites to finish. "YANG JI BIG WONTON" is definitely no joke.




$
+hours: 12:00pm-22:00pm
+phone: (02) 8771-6970
+address: 台北市忠孝東路四段205巷3號之1 No.3-1, Lane 205, Sec. 4, Zhong Xiao E. Rd., Taipei, Taiwan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...